Ensure Validation’s Future
The Validation Training Institute has planned for its long-term financial strength by creating an Endowment Fund. This is a permanent and separate fund that provides an annual cash flow to support the general administrative costs of VTI. It is a hallmark of financial sustainability and good stewardship. In 2019 this fund was started by a one-million-dollar commitment over 6 years. VTI’s goal is to reach two million dollars by 2023.
There are a number of ways that you can contribute to our Endowment Fund
- Give a gift today with a one-time direct donation with the option of doing it in memory of a friend or loved one.
- When you make a bequest to the Validation Training Institute, you support an endowed fund that lasts in perpetuity.
- Donation of the required minimum distribution of an IRA or other retirement fund, that is not needed, directly to VTI provides a tax benefit to the donor.
- Donors that contribute between $5,000 to $20,000 will be permanently listed on our digital Wall of Honor on the VTI website.
- Donors that contribute between $20,000 to $100,000 will receive Wall of Honor recognition and free admission to any VTI course or training they wish.
- Donors that contribute over $100,000 will receive Wall of Honor recognition and be offered free, online coaching by Vicki de Klerk-Rubin (Validation Master) for as long as required by the donor.
“Validation has changed my way to communicate with older adults but in general with all people! Validation has improved my work and personal life. The Validation Training Institute doesn't compromise on quality. They do extraordinary work worldwide even with a small budget and team.”
- Silvia Pellegrini
“Validation continues to transform the ways in which I interact with my clients. The communication techniques, both verbal and non-verbal, are invaluable, especially when building trusting relationships with older persons who have moderate to advanced cognitive impairment. Equally gratifying has been the opportunity to coach, mentor, and model for staff and volunteers the Validation attitude, empathy, and communication techniques.”
- Nancy Brown
“Validation Training has reinforced the importance of understanding and importance of quality of life for our residents and continued education for staff and families to enhance interactions with loved ones entrusted in our care. You can't put a price on integrity, individuality, care and compassion.”
- Polly Pearson
Financial Sustainability & Good Stewardship
VTI has planned for its long-term financial strength by creating an Endowment Fund. This is a permanent and separate fund that provides an annual cash flow to support general administrative costs of VTI. It is a hallmark of financial sustainability and good stewardship. In 2019 this fund was started by a one million dollar commitment over 6 years. VTI’s goal is to reach two million dollars by 2023. This will guarantee the continuation of VTI and its mission:
Nurture respect, dignity and well-being in the lives of older adults living with cognitive decline and their caregivers by advancing knowledge, values, education and research rooted in the Validation method.
Our Investment Policy allows for donations of cash, securities, bonds and other assets. Once your donation is earmarked for the Endowment Fund, it becomes a permanent part of the principle which is never used. Only the earnings are used, and these have been designated to support general operating expenses.
You can contribute to VTI’s long-term financial health now or by making a bequest, through your will, living trust or by naming VTI as the beneficiary of a retirement plan or insurance policy. The tax benefits for donating to a 501(c)3 non-profit organization also extend to estates.
Please contact Vicki de Klerk-Rubin, Executive Director for more information.