Validation was first introduced in 2004 by one of the great pioneers in Validation, Maria Grossenbacher. Since then, certification courses have been given in-house, Validation has been integrated into all departments, communication improved among staff and they report the following results of this long experience working with Validation:
- there are no more residents in a vegetative state;
- anxiety disorders and wandering have decreased (reduced stress);
- communication, both verbal and non-verbal, has improved in residents;
- residents improved their posture and physical fitness;
- autonomy is maintained for longer periods of time.
In April 2015, Validation Teacher, Heidi Bontadelli evaluated Casa San Giorgio following the VTI criteria for excellence in an institution and found this facility to be of the highest quality. VTI is proud to announce that Casa San Giorgio is the first organization in Italian-speaking Switzerland to be awarded the Validation Certificate of Quality by VTI.
We congratulate director, Berta Giuseppe and all her staff for maintaining quality, humanity and and excellence in care for older adults living with them.