Welcome to the Validation Training Institute, Inc.
New Course for Family Caregivers
- “This course will be piloted for the first time in 2019 thanks to funding from the NextFifty Initiative in collaboration with Carmen Bowman (a Validation teacher in Colorado) and the Alzheimer’s Association Colorado Chapter.”
- Internet-supported, practical training that fits your schedule and your special needs.
- Learn Validation techniques that will help you enhance your relationship and build better communication with your relative or friend who is living with dementia.
- Network with people who know what you are going through, find community that understands.
- Learn the skills YOU need with a skilled, certified Validation Teacher who is specialized in working with family caregivers.
- For more information see our brochure: Web-Supported Family Course Brochure
- Or contact Jana at eMail
Thank you for visiting the Validation Training Institute Web site. Here you can find information about Validation, a proven method of communication developed by social worker and gerontologist Naomi Feil that helps improve the connection between #caregivers and older adults experiencing #dementia, also known as age-related cognitive decline or #disorientation.
The video above—with more than 1 million views!—shows Validation Training Institute founder Naomi Feil demonstrating how she uses Validation to reach an elderly woman.
Numerous studies have shown that Validation reduces stress for #caregivers (which includes professionals and family members) while enhancing dignity and happiness for those who are Validated, individuals who are often 85 years and older.
To date, individuals at more than 10,000 dementia care communities in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia practice Validation and more than 88,000 people have attended Validation workshops. In the above video, Naomi Feil speaks with a German audience.
In addition to research, articles, videos, DVDs and books, the best introduction to Validation is through a Validation Workshop, given by Naomi Feil, developer of the Validation Method. The DVDs “Introduction to Validation” and “Communicating with Alzheimer-type Populations” are especially helpful and available for purchase.
– Recent News –
For more on what’s new in the world of Validation, visit the VTI blog or the
“What’s New” section of the Web site.
• Tedx Amsterdam Women 2015:Naomi presented at the conference on May 29, 2015. Watch now.