Basic Validation Training with Eric Portnoff
This online, interactive training is designed for both professional and non-professional caregivers to help you gain knowledge and skills to better communicate with older adults living with dementia.
There are five Zoom sessions, taught by a Certified Validation Teacher Eric Portnoff with experience teaching online.
In 3 interactive, online sessions (4 hours each) you will:
- Practice person-centered skills, developing the basic Validating Attitude
- Practice specific Validation techniques that create positive relationships and build communication
- Understand the aging process and the different forms of dementia
- Understand the various reasons for behavior of very old people living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias
- Experience the process of empathy and develop empathy with others
In 2 interactive, coaching sessions (4 hours each) you will:
- Feel confident that you are using the Validation attitude and techniques, not lying, using diversion or redirection
- Get supportive feedback on your interactions with older adults with specific ways to improve communication and the relationship.
- Feel more competent in your ongoing relationship and communication with older adults living with cognitive decline.
Only 25 participants per class creates personalized attention and a safe space to learn.
Participants are asked to video tape their interactions and upload their favorite to a protected, HIPPA-approved site. These videos will be deleted after the course is completed.
Participants in the course will receive an official Certificate of Completion at the end of the course signed by Validation Training Institute Executive Director Vicki de Klerk-Rubin.
Need a flexible payment plan option for this course? For those facing financial hardship, we are able to offer an installment package, click here to go to PayPal the payment page.